Once again here in Nashville the 5K Buffet will take place on October 27th at Percy Warner Park Steeplechase Grounds (Intersection of Old Hickory Blvd and Vaughn Rd). If you have no idea where that is here is a link to Google map of the location. A different location from last years scenic pounce along the River in downtown Nashville. But like the previous years this human mobile buffet is for a good cause and will begin with the first wave starting at 11:30 . Anyone could enter this from novice to advance. On the entree page you could select from 5 or 6 levels so don’t fret if your out of shape or someone like me who after a half mile weezes like a asthmatic that climbed the Empire State buildings stairs and walked into the old smoking car of the LIRR . The levels range from
I will most likely either walking or leaving in an ambulance
I have taken to racing animals because humans provide no challenge to me
Nashville however is not alone. It looks like the infection has festered in other states as well. And the same rules applies to them as in the Nashville or should I start saying Noshville. No ? Well the states that also have it are
- Columbus Ohio October 13th at Arch Park (intersection of Nationwide Blvd and West St) Registration Page
- Phoenix Arizona October 20th at Reach 11 Sports Complex (2425 EAST DEER VALLEY ROAD) Registration Page
- Jacksonville Florida October 20th at the Jacksonville Landing in downtown Jacksonville. Registration Page
All runs look like they have the same start time (11:30 for the first wave) except for Jacksonville who has a different start time and instead of one event they are getting two events . The Zombie Buffet 5k and the Kid’s Fitness Zombie Chase have partnered up in Jacksonville allowing people of all ages to get involved in the zombie mayhem . So the first wave of Kids Zombie Chase starts 11 and the First wave of the 5K Buffet starts at 1.
Good luck to all the runners . Who knows maybe this year I will be one of them if not I am training for next year.
Here is a basic overview of how this marathon works from the 5K Buffet home page.
- Choose to be a Runner or one of the Undead in this mad dash for survival that puts you right in the middle of the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Choose to be one of the Infected and chase down terrified runners and “infect” them by taking their health flags.
- Choose to be a Runner and simply try to cross the finish line with one health flag still intact. Be careful though because if you lose both flags you become one of the Infected!
This is just a sampling of what you can expect in the ZOMBIE BUFFET 5k. Learn more about how it all works…
Video I took of last years event
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?