Peter Parker continues to struggle with balancing his life as a high school student, and his responsibilities as Spider-Man. When Peter begins to investigate more about his father’s past, thanks to the help of his friend Harry Osborn, he begins to realize that the new threats of Electro and the Rhino all have one thing in common: OsCorp
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker / Spider-Man: An orphaned teenage boy who received amazing spider-powers after being bitten by a genetically altered spider. Peter first uses his powers to hunt down the killer of his uncle in The Amazing Spider-Man but soon decides to use his powers to fight crime as the vigilante known as Spider-Man. Garfield explained that the suit that he will wear in the film will be undergoing a new design. Garfield hopes to bring back the theme of him being an orphan stating, “I wanna keep exploring that theme of being fatherless, being motherless, searching for purpose and finding a purpose within himself”. He felt that it was a responsibility to take on the role and that he does not take it lightly.
- Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy: A high school student and Peter’s love interest. When asked about Peter and Gwen’s relationship in the sequel, Stone said, “She saves him more than he saves her. She’s incredibly helpful to Spider-Man… He’s the muscle, she’s the brains.”
- Jamie Foxx as Max Dillon / Electro: An electrical engineer who works for Oscorp Industries. Foxx described the character as “a nobody” who initially idolizes Spider-Man. He develops an obsession with Spider-Man after being saved by him and obtains his powers through an accident at Oscorp involving electric eels
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn: An old friend of Peter and son of Norman Osborn. He was sent away to boarding school around the same time Peter’s parents disappeared, and meets him for the first time since then in the film. With the release of the film’s first teaser poster and trailer, DeHaan also appeared to be featured as the Green Goblin.
- Campbell Scott as Richard Parker
- Embeth Davidtz as Mary Parker
- Colm Feore as Donald Menken
- Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich / The Rhino: Giamatti explained that his character has a particular kind of suit. “He’s a Russian mobster. Russians are always good villains. I have an ability to just destroy things,” he said. “My accent is pretty hammy. I loved doing it. It seemed to me like an opportunity to be as over-the-top hammy as possible. It was really fun.”.It was revealed in a poster that the film’s version of Rhino wouldn’t be wearing a costume but a robotic suit designed to look like a rhino, which bears resemblance to the Ultimate Marvel version of the character.
- Sally Field as May Parker: Peter’s aunt.
- Chris Cooper was cast as Norman Osborn, the president of Oscorp and Harry Osborn’s father, while Marton Csokas portrays Dr. Kafka, the head of Ravencroft Institute and B. J. Novak will be potraying Alistair Smythe. Novak stated in December 2013 that his character is from the comics, and works at OsCorp, adding that he is in a few scenes and “not an extra.”Martin Sheen, Chris Zylka, and Denis Leary reprise their roles as Ben Parker, Flash Thompson and Captain George Stacy, respectively, from the first film. Felicity Jones have been cast in an unspecified role. According to Jones, and later clarified by Marc Webb, her character is in a “special relationship” with Norman Osborn and has a costume. Sarah Gadon has been cast as an artificial intelligence officer.Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee will have a cameo appearance.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?