Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: About Scifiology and what this is really about

About Scifiology and what this is really about 7 years 10 months ago #23

• M8trix
  • Administrator
Being a fan of the Sci Fi , Fantasy , horror , and everything in between , it was hard not for me not to make a site that dedicates itself to that great genre. Since I am noway or shape a great writer and I will never pretend to be , everything I do and write is for fun and out of the love of doing it. There is a lot of heart put into this site event hough it may not be perfect.

My long term goal is to attract like minded people and make a Facebook like community. People who would share their views and their uniqueness about all things sci fi.

So what is Scifiology.com and why did I come up with the name Scifiology ? Well just like biology , zoology , and such . Scifiology is a study of the sci fi phenomenon . Simple as that. Of course later on I found out that some had confused this with Scientology and I assure you that is no way the idea or the case. I actually poked fun of those that thought that in my about section on news blog when I wrote;

“We are not a cult and we do not ask for virgin sacrifices, money, or expect you to do a dance naked around a fire. Although it is mighty tempting to get paid to see virgins dance naked around a fire we do not request it or need it.”

Sometimes I think that line may have been a bit to much for some . One thing is for sure is that I do believe in the line I also wrote in the same about page when I said;

“This site however is for all of us that imagine bigger, dream of better worlds, or like to shut our minds off and be whisked away to a place where the everyday Borgs can not reach us. This site is for the fans like you and me that just love Sci Fi for what it is. “

That said this site is meant to be fun and informative. And again I will state I am not the best of writers , there will be errors , misspells , and flubs. It's I just love what I write about and I love sharing what I find with others and I am hoping to attract others to do the same. Who knows maybe even open up the blog section to a select few to help out with news articles in the future.
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by M8trix.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Follow Us On