Airing on SYFY June 19, 2014
Funny the last theme I used on this site was called Dominion . LOL . Well if this looks familiar it is. Other then it having the same name as my former template that is . This series is based off the 2010 movie Legion . Which now I got to go back and watch it again to get myself all caught up . I am sure SYFY will air that just before the series also. If well done this can be one of those episodically great series. The premise of the movie sure has a lot of room for exploring the depths of the human soul not to mention it is going to have some controversial subject matter of a war with in the ranks of the angels themselves.
SYFY Plot Summary
Dominion is an epic supernatural drama set in the near future. Specifically, 25 years after “The Extinction War,” when an army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, waged war against mankind. The archangel Michael, turning against his own kind, chose to side with humanity. Rising out of the ashes of this long battle are newly fortified cities which protect human survivors. At the center of the series is the city of Vega, a glistening empire that has formed from the ruins of what was once Las Vegas.
Wikipedia Plot and Cast
Dominion is an upcoming American apocalyptic supernatural action television series created by Vaun Wilmott. It is based on the 2010 film Legion, written by Peter Schink and Scott Stewart. The series will premiere on the American cable television network Syfy on June 19, 2014. The show is filmed on location in Cape Town, South Africa. Stewart will serve as series executive producer, as well as direct the pilot episode, written by Wilmott.
In December 2013, Syfy ordered a pilot episode, which is set 25 years after the end of the film. An army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, has waged a war of possession against mankind. The archangel Michael, turning against his own kind, has chosen to side with humanity against Gabriel. After the 25-year-long battle, newly fortified cities have arisen to protect human survivors
- Christopher Egan as Alex Lannon: a young soldier and member of Vega’s Archangel Corps, an elite unit charged with the protection of Vega’s aristocracy. Alex was abandoned by his father, Jeep, at a young age. He found a new family in the military, and rose through the ranks to The Corps. Alex and Claire are in love, having met when he was assigned as a guard for House Riesen. They have since developed a secret relationship, despite relationships between the ruling and soldier classes being strictly forbidden. Alex is often rebellious, but he tries to balance his sense of duty with his need for freedom. With time, he discovers he is the unlikely savior of humanity, suspected of being “The Chosen One”.
- Tom Wisdom as Michael: a legendary Archangel warrior known throughout history. Michael is the greatest of the Archangel warriors and chose to side with humanity during the Extermination War, the only one of his kind to do so. Turning against his fellow angels and his brother, Gabriel, Michael was instrumental in helping humanity defeat the angels during the Extermination War. He is now Vega’s sworn protector, and has watched over Alex his entire life and protects him against his brother. Michael is always inscrutable, but only now is he beginning to understand the complexities of having such a close relationship with humans, with his lover Becca Thorn.
- Roxanne McKee as Claire Riesen: daughter of Gen. Edward Riesen and the heir apparent to his position as ruler of Vega. Despite being sheltered by her father and having a privileged upbringing, has always done her best to watch out and provide for the city’s lower classes, regardless of their role in the strict caste system, which she is deeply opposed to. As a result, Claire is much beloved by all of the citizens of Vega. Claire and Alex are in love, having met when he was assigned as a guard for House Riesen and have since developed a secret relationship, despite relationships between the ruling and soldier classes being strictly forbidden. However, her father has insisted she marry William Whele, leaving her torn between her love for Alex and her responsibility to helping the city of Vega move past the system she hates.
- Alan Dale as General Edward Riesen: father of Claire and Vega’s Lord Of The City. Riesen is the head of House Riesen and the city’s most powerful man, and has worked to build and help Vega (the former ruins of Las Vegas, Nevada, one of the few cities left standing after the war; Caesar’s Palace appears to be his base of operations) rise from the ashes as a glistening new empire. During the Extermination War twenty-five years ago, Riesen was a key figure who led humanity to victory against the angels, and has since worked to fortify Vega and imposed a caste system as a way to keep order and ensure the city’s survival. Claire is deeply opposed to the system, and so Riesen insists she marry William Whele to help the city move past it.
- Anthony Head as Senator David Whele: one of Vega’s ruling class. David is the head of House Whele, and the city’s second most powerful man and has ambitions on controlling the city. David serves as Vega’s Secretary of Commerce and President of the Senate of Vega, making him the city’s chief administrator. David is a ruthless and cunning political operator, pursuing new ways to maintain or expand his power, by any means necessary, the latest being the betrothal of his son, William, to Gen. Riesen’s daughter, Claire. This is despite the dynamic and unpredictable relationship between David and Riesen himself – the two rarely see eye to eye.
- Luke Allen-Gale as William Whele: son of David Whele and Vega’s Principate, the leader of the Church of the Savior, a religion that has risen and grown since the Extermination War, entirely based around the concept of “The Chosen One”. Unlike his father, William is deeply religious and kind hearted to his followers, although both father and son are ambitious–David wants the city, and William only wants Claire; William is very much in love with Claire, and welcomes their betrothal, but he admits that it is a political move by their fathers.
- Shivani Ghai as Arika: wife of Evelyn, Queen of Helena (the former ruins of Salt Lake City, Utah), one of the other cities have risen in the aftermath of the Extermination War. Helena is distant from Vega and is ruled by a mysterious and militant matriarchal society. Arika arrives with a negotiating party sent from Helena, with Arika as it’s lead diplomat, to maintain the tenuous peace with Vega. Arika is beautiful and wily, finding herself in a strange and unfamiliar land, but is cunning and has developed a secret relationship with David Whele.
- Rosalind Halstead as Senator Becca Thorn: one of Vega’s most powerful leaders, she is in charge of all medical and scientific research in Vega, and is responsible for overseeing the efforts of all of the city’s scientific and medical personnel. Becca is a confidant to Gen. Riesen and acts as one of his consults in the Senate, as well as being a close friend of Claire. Becca is also Michael’s lover, although the level of feelings between them may be too strong for her to take.
- Carl Beukes as Gabriel: an Archangel warrior and Michael’s brother. Gabriel assembled and led the army of lower angels to wage war against mankind. During the Extermination War, Gabriel wiped out most of the human race. Michael was only able to stop him from totally annihilating the populace when he turned against his fellow angels and his brother, and helped humanity defeat them. Ever since, Gabriel has been left full of hate for humanity, and wants nothing more or less than the complete destruction of mankind. Gabriel has a more colourful personality than Michael, although he remains scornful and jealous towards him.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?